If like so many people you struggle with your weight, you are probably desperate to find easy ways that you can stay in shape. Most people are not willing to go into a gym for hours every day to build muscle; all they want to do is stay trim and healthy. The good news is that you can do so using very simple steps. Try the following to lose the extra weight that you have gained.
1. The first and most critical step is to get some exercise. When you exercise you burn extra calories. You should do it for at least an hour three or four times a week. You don’t have to spend any money to get fit through exercise. Just go online and find a simple exercise program that you can do at home.
2. Your diet is part of the reason why you are out of shape. Many people today rely on fast food because they don’t have the time to cook their own meals. Make the time; cook in bulk over the weekend and then freeze everything so that during the week all you have to do is microwave and eat.
3. Sleep longer; lack of sleep can lead to weight gain. Plan for at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Put off your mobile before getting onto bed.
4. Eat more fruit because it helps you feel full so that you don’t snack often. Nuts are also great for making you feel full. If you have to eat snacks try and eat the kind that you make at home rather than the stuff that you buy which tends to be loaded with calories.
5. Sugar is your enemy; cut out soda, desserts, commercially prepared juices and other food and drink that contains sugar and watch your weight simply come off. As a matter of fact, research has shown that you can lose weight by cutting out sugar even without exercise. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t exercise of course.
6. Get a fitness buddy so that you are accountable to each other for how much you exercise and what you eat. Lay down some goals and also have some penalties in case someone breaks the rules – they should be a little tough so you are motivated not to get punished.
7. Lastly, it takes time to lose weight – be patient and never give up.